Sunday, January 8, 2012

SUNFLOWERS

I was not a fan of sunflowers but that changed.  In August 2008, my grandmother decided to reside in a garden home in an assisted living facility here in Selma.  Instead of her home being sold to complete strangers, something I could not seem to wrap my brain around at the time, we moved.  We lived there two and half years before moving back to our "new old house" in March 2011. During the time I lived at my grandmother's house, I was sitting outside on a warm sunny day when God gave my the vision of a flower bulb buried deep in the cold earth.  As the vision proceeded the bulb began to sprout above ground in the sun.  I asked God to reveal what the vision meant.  He said you are the bulb. I am showing you were you have been and where you are now. Delighted by this unexpected God speak, I then asked "What type of flower am I?"  No answer. Fast forward months later when one of my best friends hosted a couple who minister internationally.  The wife operates in the prophetic so I sat at her feet and said God I am listening if you have anything to say to me.  Immediately she told me that God kept telling her that I was a sunflower. Well, hellllooo. Thank you God I have loved sunflowers ever since.  So here's the first photograph of sunflowers I ever took.

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' it JG and loving you are a sunflower! Shows your personality. I am a zinnia most def. It has been by far my favorite flower my entire life and was my grandfathers, who was my favorite person. Zinnia~With both an abundance of bright, vibrant flowers in a variety of forms and sizes, and a love of high heat and strong sun, zinnias provide great pleasure. (describes me to a T)

    AND you know I have always said you were the best "picture taker" ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete